Nixle Outreach Talking Points; a customizable template for use in the distribution of information about Nixle to communities.
This Knowledge Base Article contains a customizable Nixle Outreach Talking Points Template for use in the distribution of information about Nixle to communities. Below is the template and attached is a downloadable template.
Talking Points Regarding Nixle:
- Technology must be utilized by municipal agencies to help connect communities.
- Citizens can and do utilize technology- they are already online and on-phone with or without us and they want to know what’s happening near them.
- Citizens are inundated with information from a variety of sources (traditional media, the internet, social networking sites, etc.)- but the quantity of information does not correlate to quality of information.
- Agencies want communications with the people they serve to be timely, effective, and trusted.
- The Nixle platform gives agencies a secure, easy-to-use, and effective system to share relevant information with residents about the neighborhoods where they work, live, and visit.
NIXLE AS A COMMUNICATIONS SOLUTION
- Nixle is a reliable tool that provides a platform for direct communications between municipalities/police departments/educational institutions and citizens.
- Agencies can send information on multiple platforms (text message, e-mail, web), filling a critical emergency notification need.
- Residents register by providing their address or an intersection near them, a cell phone number and an email address by which to receive notifications from official agencies. Citizens then choose which messages they receive on which devices. It’s information they know they can trust.
- Messages can be transmitted anywhere in a radius from .25-miles to 10 miles, allowing neighborhood-level, time-sensitive information to be sent only to affected citizens.
- Nixle’s Community Information Service free to residents who access the notifications by e-mail and online at www.nixle.com. Information received via SMS/text message is received as part of their text-messaging plan.
- Nixle is a secure and authenticated system. An agency's primary administrator must undergo a rigorous identification process to be allowed access to the system.
- For law enforcement, Nixle enables community-policing outreach in new ways. Building a communications structure can help solve crimes, build safer communities, and promote a positive dialogue/partnership between residents and law enforcement.
- Nixle has been used around the country to help find missing seniors, evacuate flooded areas, and capture dangerous criminals shortly after a crime has happened. The power in the system is also its diversity of content, allowing not only those emergency alerts, but informing residents of road closures, city parades, government meetings, and other "want to know" information.